Thursday, May 22, 2014

Three Minutes

Three minutes - that was my goal time to spend in the shower relaxing and breathing with no one around. Like, with no interruptions. Just three minutes. Now, Jackson was in his bassinet in the bathroom with me so I sort of had a stalker anyway. But with the shower curtain closed, I had a few minutes, I hoped, to myself. About 45 seconds in, Ava pulled the curtain back because she wanted to show me a magic trick. A magic trick with a blueberry. And she needed to attempt it twice because the first time, the blueberry rolled away. So now I'm lathering up nodding my head with an energetic encouraging smile on my face to show her I am interested and I am freaking amazed by this blueberry trick. I totally love her.

Since the curtain is pulled back, I notice she still has no shoes on for school. And Jackson has a toy laying right on his face. Cute. So now I'm laughing because this whole situation makes me laugh and because, who was I kidding? I wasn't going to get 3 minutes today in the shower with no interruptions.

I am just taking this all in right now because one day, my children won't live here with me and I will wish Ava was little again to show me her blueberry magic trick. Lathering myself up in some mood elevating oils helps too.

Happy Thursday everyone!


-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment