Tuesday, June 25, 2013

So I started a blog . . .

So, yes, I decided to start a blog because I have so much downtime - it is just plain silly. No, but really, ever since I became a mommy, my brain has filled up to it's capacity and I forget many things throughout the day. So, what better way to record our family's history, fun facts, little tidbits, helpful info, etc then to write it down. It might not be exciting or intriguing reading for you AT ALL but I want to write things down while I still can and still remember (time just flies by the way - if you haven't already noticed).

First of all, I am a wife first - mommy second. Yes - I will say it, my first priority is not to be a mommy, but to be a wife. If you know me, you know I like order and there is a correct order to life. God, Wife, Mommy, Family, etc. There have been times where the order has been mixed up and it does not work! So I have to keep it in the correct order. If I take seriously my role as wife, then my daughter has a happy mommy, and my daughter is a happy daughter who feels secure, has stability, etc. If I'm a mommy first, then my husband doesn't get his full-wife potential which then causes us stress, which then can trickle down to our daughter . . . you get the picture. And I didn't start this blog so you can tell me my order seems silly or domesticated or 1950's. It is THE BEST ORDER and I am sticking to it.

For those of you who know me, I like to keep a clean home. If a drawer is sticking out, I will stop to push it in. I will wipe up spills and not leave them to dry (oh this just sounds horrible to me), I will not leave a wet towel bundled up to smell like mildew (yuck!). I do this all, not because I am OCD (but maybe this can be argued) but because I love love love my family. I want them to have the best environment to succeed, entertain, explore - you will not find clutter over here. There may be a cleaning blog in my future . . . fresh lemons by the way are wonderful at removing soap scum!

I find I have a busy life - I am a wife, mommy, therapist, wrap coordinator, housecleaner, negotiator, accountant, nurse's aid, asthma controller, make-sure-you-have-your-epi-pen nagger, and I try to do all of these things well. But if we are being realistic, my main reason for being on earth is to glorify God (oh wow do I fall short every darn day).

So maybe this blog is to record events so our family has some memories written down to look back on, but I hope it's also a way to help other people remember to take that huge weight off of your shoulders because, at the end of the day, we really have only one reason for being here on earth. And when you think of it that way, then life is quite easy. And the order to our life is easy to remember - God has to be first. And when God is first, AMAZING  things begin to happen which I will share with you as I continue these entries.

Some verses to leave you with:

"And what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

"Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Service the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting. And His truth endures to all generations." Psalm 100:1-5

-Emily-

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Blog away, girl. I look forward to reading about all of your adventures and happenings. I will challenge your title for this post, only because, as you so elequently stated- you are a servant of Christ first, a wife second, and a Mom third. By the way...what is a wrap coordinator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I like your challenge to the title and of course Christ is first. A wrap coordinator is what my title is at work which means I supervise the team who go to our clients home to try and "wraparound" the family so that the children can stay in their home (rather than go to placement somewhere - juvenile hall, residential, etc). I'm pretty sure this was a run-on sentence.

      Delete