Monday, January 6, 2014

Asthma? What asthma?!

So time for my asthma update! Ever since using Young Living oils, my daughter Ava has not had to use her inhalers or her Singulair AT ALL during this time of year! This is seriously a miracle! She has been on these meds since she was around 3 1/2 so I am sooo glad she will not be using these meds with all of their side effects for years and years. Woo hoo!

Also the hubs has come on board with the oils which has been quite amusing and exciting! The other day he was feeling sick and he always heads for some airborne - still was sick after trying it for a couple of days so I said, "can I just make you a capsule already?" So, there he was swallowing a capsule made by yours truly filled with 5 drops of thieves, 5 drops of lemon, and the rest filled with grapeseed oil - took another one in the morning. Was totally fine. He finally admitted it worked and tried really hard not to smile and show his true feelings but he could not resist! Ha!

My fun little mother even called me one night and said, "I have puss pockets on my throat - I'm getting sick. I figured you had something." Hang on mom! Let me run right over! She gargled with thieves and lemon and swallowed one of the homemade capsules, took another capsule in the morning, and was totally fine and back in business. I'm loving this hippie/witch doctor business.

And none of us Dual's over here have been sick this winter season - NOT ONE OF US! All because of thieves!! No one got the flu, Ava did not get her usual strep throat, I've been waddling around fine as a pregnant lady - what a fun adventure!

I just recently stopped using deoderant too (gasp!). Well, just the deoderant that contains aluminum. So I have some all natural stuff now but also will sometimes just make my own. Don't worry - I don't stink. But if I ever do, please tell me! Because who wants to walk around stinking all day?

But in all seriousness, I am trying to help my fam stay away from as many chemicals as they can. There are so many disorders, diseases, etc nowadays - I firmly believe it is because we, as a society, have strayed away from "natural" things to processed/chemical ridden things. We weren't designed to ingest all of this processed stuff. The good Lord gave us plants and things that grow naturally from the earth with sun and water - what a perfect design! The farther I have strayed from natural things, the worse I have felt - mirgraines, arthritis pain, etc. So now I'm just getting back to basics. I'm not doing all of these things perfectly by any means, but it's a start and I feel so much cleaner and happier.

So if any of you want to learn more about these oils, I can add you to some facebook groups to learn more. Or come over to my house and try what I have. You will love it! Because the only side effects so far I've experienced from the oils are healthy family members and no more asthma. You should read the list of side effects of Singulair!

Happy New Year folks!

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment