Saturday, March 15, 2014

Just a couple more days . . . :)

It's soooo quiet in my house right now. It's 4:29am and I am just sitting in the living room finishing up some things I wanted to get done before our new baby arrives. I paid some bills, updated my young living oil autoship order, and even laid out Ava's outfit for Monday since it will be Saint Patrick's Day and she needs to wear green.

Because this baby will be here Monday at the latest. I have a c-section scheduled if I don't have him between now and Monday. And seeing that it is already 4:31am on Saturday morning, I don't see myself spontaneously going into labor in the next two days. So Monday it is! We will have a Saint Patrick's baby.

Everything is ready to go - like, literally everything. From Ava's Big Sister gift being wrapped and ready to be opened to the money we will pay Monday morning for my c-section.

It's so wonderful the way God works. And you can see Him working when you seriously hand everything over to Him to arrange - not that we just then sit back and do nothing - being prepared, active, and wise etc is huge too. But to constantly look to Him and then not have that WORRY is one of the greatest feelings ever.

He seriously arranged so many things this past week just to make it that much easier for us to move forward with peace and security. We received a generous gift in the mail of four gift cards which was AMAZING and totally out of the blue. One of our tax returns was just deposited into our checking account today. AMAZING. And I love watching all of this come into play - because I literally smile or tear up and immediately think, "Thank you, Lord." And I relax even more and even laugh a little thinking back to all those years when I would worry about finances or how things would be - and of course things would be stressful because the Lord was not included in the equation. So what a comforting and secure feeling to wait and see everything unfold so perfectly. My cup runneth over.

So our little boy will be here very soon. And we are ready. And soooo excited. We have waited and waited and waited for this day. And my heart will grow again when he is born as I will have another baby to love.

"If I am thinking correctly," said Pooh, "a new baby is probably, undoubtedly, the grandest gift that ever could be."

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment