Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Her Tribe

I've been dying to tell you this story. Seriously dying. Because it's been a life changer. And who doesn't love life changing stories? Whack jobs I tell you. Whack jobs don't like life changing stories. And bitter people. But there's oils for them so it's okay.

Once upon a time there was a mom. And her daughter was sick. So she found something different and everything changed.

And then she had to tell everyone. Because when things change your life, you tell people.

And then other people started to love them. And everyone celebrated together. Because more lives were changing.

And in the midst of everything, a mom found her tribe. Because she had been lost for a while. Didn't have many friends really. Was tired a lot and never did her hair. Was in a rut. Remembered a time she felt beautiful. But it seemed so long ago.

And now she was talking to people. And texting throughout the day. And helping, and learning, and listening. And doing her hair. And meeting people for coffee. Her tribe.

She was booking plane tickets to Idaho (you da pimp - couldn't resist - sorry) on a whim. And texting her mom and sister at night saying, "You want to go to Idaho?" And they're like, "Yes, we'll go with you." So now she's basically a world traveler.

But most importantly, she is seeing why the good Lord brought her to this journey. And seeing it all come together. And it all started with her daughter.

Miss Ava.

Ava, who's name came to me in a dream and when I woke up in the morning (before I even knew I was having a girl), I told Tony - "we have to name her Ava." Because in my dream, I was a nurse helping deliver a baby. And when the baby was born, I asked her name and the mother told me Ava. And I picked up the phone and called Tony to tell him that the lady named her daughter what we named our daughter. And when the day came when I was going to have our baby, I was heading in for my c-section after being in labor forever, and the nurse says "what are you naming her?" And as I told her, the nurse says, "Why, that's my name."

Our daughter's name is supposed to be Ava.

So now there's this group of people. Who support one another. And help each other. And pray for each other. And it's life changing too. And why aren't you a part of it yet?

The end.




-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment