Wednesday, April 15, 2015

To the salesman at LA Fitness ...

To the guy at LA Fitness who isn't getting a sale from me: I get it. You're in sales right? Well guess what? Me too kind of. And let me tell you the first thing about sales. People want to feel heard.

So when I walk into your establishment with a kid on my hip and a 7 year old and ask loudly "I just quickly want to know how much this will cost to sign up and per month" I don't need you to shuffle me over to your desk. When you see me still standing and  refusing to move, you just need to tell me the cost. Because clearly, I don't have time to go to your desk. And then when you don't let up so I give in and walk to your desk (so congrats on that move), I will let my one year old tear up the papers on your desk. And guess what? I don't even care. Because at that point, I'm thinking, "this guy doesn't care. And he didn't freaking hear me. So go ahead Jack - have at this awesome guy's paperwork." And when he looks at me like, 'why are you letting your kid destroy my desk?' I'll tell him - "see you didn't hear me Mr. Man. I told you from the moment I walked in that I just really quick wanted to know the cost so I could get a membership for my hubs for his birthday. Did you not see the active child on my hip? Did you not hear what I said? Can you not read body language? Because guess what? If you would have shouted at me "It's 199 for 40 bucks a month or 99 for 45 bucks a month!" You would have grabbed my attention. You would have basically sold me. And then you could have shuffled me over to your desk like the tired mom I am and said, "guess what? We even have child care. And today we have a special for 50 dollars off. You want me to do that for you real quick?" I would have kissed you. And gave you my money. Because you didn't waste my time and you connected with me. But the minute you didn't hear me and all I heard was "I want this sale", you lost me buddy. You need to be a lemondropper is what you need. Holy crap.

End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment