Sunday, April 19, 2015

Like A Girl

What does it mean to run like a girl?

What just popped through your freaking head? If it wasn't a girl running as fast as she can, let's change that, shall we.

This commercial resonated with me from the first time I saw it:


It is something I have been mindful of as Tony and I raise our daughter. 

And I think we made progress today :)

Today Ava and I were playing soccer out back. She kicked it once not very hard and I heard her say, "Ugh, I didn't kick it like a girl."

My head whipped around - "What did you say?"

Ava: "I said I didn't kick it like a girl." 

Meaning, girls kick it freaking hard and I'm going to try again.

Yep Ava. #LikeAGirl

And Jack will know the true meaning of that phrase as well. 

Let's all teach our daughters that phrase shall we? 

Carry on.


-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment